Are you intimidated by the number of auto insurance companies in Bartlesville? Lot’s of other consumers are too. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a lot of work to locate the lowest price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. This information will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages. But Oklahoma car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Oklahoma are known to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your rating.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Quick Bartlesville Auto Insurance Quotes
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from local in Bartlesville, Oklahomaauto insurance companies. The recommended way to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. A single form gets rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates consists of visiting each company’s website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Bartlesville, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages for each price quote. If you are comparing differing limits it will be impossible to determine the best price in Bartlesville. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Is there deception in advertising?
Auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you change to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the requirements must pay a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Student in College – Kids in college who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website found here. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, get help finding coverage, and view a list of available companies.
More quotes mean more savings
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.