Saving money on Bonner Springs car insurance could be very difficult for drivers who have little experience online comparison shopping. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily become a ton of work to find a more affordable company.
Take policy discounts and save
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their car insurance company to monitor driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could qualify for substantially lower car insurancerates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the larger companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere.
Quote Bonner Springs car insurance online
There are several ways to compare car insurance prices but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time driving to local insurance agents in Bonner Springs, or you can utilize the internet to achieve your goal.
All the larger companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company. To compare pricing click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of system is you can’t choose the companies you want to price. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in Kansas. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but do your best to enter nearly identical information for each quote you get. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be impossible to determine which company has the best rates in Bonner Springs.
Lower Your Rates with these tips
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that go into determining your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could result in lower premium levels.
- Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The type of car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Your gender affects rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Good credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your rating.
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Teen drivers pay higher rates – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure and get fewer tickets.
- Protect yourself with liability – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- File policy claims and pay more – Companies in Kansas provide discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When searching for a local Bonner Springs insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agencies can be described as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can do a good job, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Captive agents write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Bonner Springs captive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 13100 Kansas Ave # D – Bonner Springs, KS 66012 – (913) 441-0033
- State Farm Insurance – 13100 Kansas Ave # G – Bonner Springs, KS 66012 – (913) 422-5567
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 116 Cedar St – Bonner Springs, KS 66012 – (913) 422-7005
- Allstate Insurance – 133 Oak St – Bonner Springs, KS 66012 – (913) 422-9210
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you contact a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Bonner Springs independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Kelly Insurance – 201 Oak St – Bonner Springs, KS 66012 – (913) 727-3900
- Rick Moulin Insurance – 144 N Nettleton Ave – Bonner Springs, KS 66012 – (913) 772-2095
To view additional insurance agents in Bonner Springs, you may want to link to this list of Bonner Springs, KS car insurance providers.
If you feel you receive good responses as well as quotes, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.
In the end, you save
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When getting , never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Learn more about Kansas car insurance
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas drivers can read consumer alerts, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.