Finding the best price on Clarksville car insurance may appear to be difficult at first since most people haven’t used online rate quotes. Don’t let that stop you because there is an easy way to compare rates.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons is to know the trick auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information including what you do for a living, how much you drive, whether you are single or married, and types of safety features. Your insurance information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and complete the form.
Good choices result in lower premiums
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Only having one chargable violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men have fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Low physical damage deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you . If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for substantially lower car insurancerates.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Clarksville Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
Check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Clarksville that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Clarksville?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you would like to find a local Clarksville insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or captive agents. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Captive Car Insurance Agents
Captive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are captive agencies in Clarksville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 1603 Lynch Ln – Clarksville, IN 47129 – (812) 288-8874
- Allstate Insurance – 711 E Lewis And Clark Pkwy – Clarksville, IN 47129 – (812) 282-1475
- State Farm Insurance – 901 E Highway 131 – Clarksville, IN 47129 – (812) 283-0495
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Clarksville that can give you price quotes.
- Mustain All-Risk Insurance – 905 Eastern Blvd # C – Clarksville, IN 47129 – (812) 282-4111
- Gary Detar Agency – 711 E State Road 131 – Clarksville, IN 47129 – (812) 283-9999
- HMC Insurance Inc – 999 Eastern Blvd – Clarksville, IN 47129 – (812) 282-7777
- Auto Risk Agency Inc – 632 W Highway 131 # 1 – Clarksville, IN 47129 – (812) 981-0004
To view additional Clarksville insurance agents, see this full listing of Clarksville Indiana insurance agents.
One last thing about your coverage
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest car insurance can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More resources for learning
Additional detailed information is available at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana drivers can file complaints about a company, find out which companies have the most complaints, and find out industry alerts.
These articles may also be worth reading.