Tired of scraping the payment together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
There is such a variety of insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find a good deal.
Buying car insurance in Elkhart is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Although Indiana vehicle owners do need to understand the way companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Elkhart
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local in Elkhartcar insurance companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for separate quotes for each company. One simple form gets you price quotes .
A more difficult way to get quotes online consists of going to each company’s website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Farmers, Allstate and GEICO. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Elkhart, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare exactly the same quote information on every quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Elkhart. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Elkhart, click here to view.
Even more information can be read at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, report car insurance fraud, and get help finding coverage.