Finding better rates for Rexburg auto insurance is always difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. Consumers have so many options that it can be more work than you anticipated to compare prices in Rexburg.
Buying the cheapest protection in Rexburg is quite easy. If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Idaho drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare rates over the internet.
Low Cost Rexburg Auto Insurance
Comparing auto insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t know the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Rexburg, or you can stay home and use the internet to maximize your effort.
Most car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for every auto insurance company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to open in new window.
The single downside to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in Idaho. Click here to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using identical coverages on every quote you get. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate in Rexburg.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Idaho, click here.
Why you might pay higher rates in Rexburg
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
What about using a local agent?
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Rexburg.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy!
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies in Rexburg can either be independent (non-captive) or captive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.Most can insure with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Rexburg independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Archibald Insurance – 135 W Main St – Rexburg, ID 83440 – (208) 356-4411
- Leonardson Insurance – 1109 Summers Dr – Rexburg, ID 83440 – (208) 356-6315
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Captive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of captive agents in Rexburg who can help you get price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1116 Bond Ave – Rexburg, ID 83440 – (208) 356-4439
- American Family Insurance – 485 N 2nd E # 106 – Rexburg, ID 83440 – (208) 356-5840
- State Farm Insurance – 46 N 2nd E – Rexburg, ID 83440 – (208) 356-9378
- Farmers Insurance Group – 147 N 2nd E # 2 – Rexburg, ID 83440 – (208) 356-6060
- Allstate Insurance – 305 W Main St – Rexburg, ID 83440 – (208) 356-6280
To view a complete directory of Rexburg captive insurance agents, go to this page.
Picking a car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Idaho?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
After receiving good answers and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the Idaho Department of Insurance website through this link. Idaho drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, discover disciplinary actions, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you change your coverage to them.
But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer could be over the age of 50, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Best coverage at the best price
Discount auto insurance can be found online in addition to many Rexburg insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.