Purchasing the lowest cost South Bend auto insurance on the web is somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. With such a large number of insurance companies available, how can South Bend drivers have a chance to compare every company to locate the lowest price available?
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. This article will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Indiana vehicle owners only need an understanding of the best way to compare rates online.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in South Bend, click this link.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes in South Bend, IN
Getting better auto insurance pricing isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company. Filling out one form compares rates instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to analyze rates requires a visit to the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from State Farm, Safeco and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in South Bend, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice only provided by licensed South Bend agents. However, consumers can get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages for each price quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison in South Bend.
Smart shoppers get results
Low-cost auto insurance can be bought on the web and with local South Bend insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read some good ideas how to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.