Overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance choices in Ansonia? Many other drivers are as well. People have so many options that it can turn into a challenge to find better rates.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages. Connecticut vehicle owners just need to learn the proper methods to compare rates online.
You have some control over your rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like doctors, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates attributed to job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit rating is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
How to Compare Ansonia Auto Insurance Rates
Most companies allow you to get prices on the web. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once entered, the system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on many factors.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit different websites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find better auto insurance pricing.
The preferred way to compare auto insurance pricing is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable and efficient. After sending the form, it is quoted and you are able to buy any of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Save $453 a year? Really?
Consumers in Connecticut get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver who fits that profile receives the best rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. That is why you need to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than less cautious drivers.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Connecticut, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local agents
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Ansonia who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy!
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Two types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both do a good job, but it’s important to know the differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents can only write with one company such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are captive insurance agencies in Ansonia that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 350 Main St – Ansonia, CT 06401 – (203) 732-2323
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below are Ansonia independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- A Parrella and Assoc Insurance – – Ansonia, CT 06401 – (203) 732-9068
- Videre Insurance – 23 W Main St – Ansonia, CT 06401 – (203) 734-3187
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Ansonia, go to this page.
After getting positive feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Connecticut Insurance Department website. Connecticut consumers can report car insurance fraud, read consumer alerts, read state legal mandates and laws, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Buy online or local, you save
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Ansonia insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.