Shopping for cheap Prichard car insurance on the internet is impossible for people who are new to price shopping online. With dozens of choices, how can consumers possibly compare every one to find the best available rates?
It’s a great practice to compare prices once or twice a year since rates tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
To choose insurers offering car insurance discounts in Prichard, click this link.
How to Compare Car Insurance in Prichard
Getting a lower price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
The best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form gets you coverage quotes from many national carriers.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare Auto-Owners, Farmers and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Prichard, click here.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you have different values for each quote it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison in Prichard.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Online plus local equals savings
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap car insurance is definitely available online and with local Prichard insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.