Trying to find cheaper Southern Pines car insurance could be a challenge for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a difficult challenge to find a more affordable company.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons at least once a year because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to buy car insurance cheaper.
The easiest way to compare policy rates is to understand almost all companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including deductibles desired, if a SR-22 is required, if your license is active, and marital status. The data is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
North Carolina car insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance carriers give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to monitor driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose companies that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Southern Pines auto insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Southern Pines that can give you for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Southern Pines?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
- How long has their agency been in business in Southern Pines?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you are searching for a local Southern Pines insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the captive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Captive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of captive agents in Southern Pines that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 415b Pinehurst Ave – Southern Pines, NC 28387 – (910) 944-1122
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Southern Pines willing to provide price quote information.
- Newton Baker Insurance – 250 N Bennett St – Southern Pines, NC 28387 – (910) 693-2552
- Agency One Insurance Inc – 160 Pinehurst Ave # K – Southern Pines, NC 28387 – (910) 692-9400
- Andy Bleggi Agency – 695 S Bennett St – Southern Pines, NC 28387 – (910) 692-5469
- Nationwide Insurance – 116 Windsor Ln – Southern Pines, NC 28387 – (910) 692-4755
To view additional Southern Pines insurance agents, here is a complete selection of Southern Pines North Carolina insurance agents.
Upon receiving positive responses to your questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. Consumers can download brochures, read industry bulletins, get help finding coverage, and read consumer alerts.
Online plus local equals savings
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper car insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents in Southern Pines, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.