Searching for the lowest cost Chesterfield auto insurance online may be impossible for consumers not familiar with price shopping online. With such a large number of insurers available, how can anyone even start to compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
It is always a good idea to check auto insurance prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Just because you had the best deal a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding affordable coverage in Chesterfield is not rocket science. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Missouri consumers just need to know the most effective way to compare rates online.
Quick Chesterfield Auto Insurance Quotes
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online requires a visit to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Geico, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. You would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Chesterfield, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use apples-to-apples information for each comparison quote. If you enter differing limits it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate in Chesterfield.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers in Missouri can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, Geico and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch your policy.
How do they all claim to save you money?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. That is why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Missouri?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Chesterfield?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Missouri drivers can find out industry alerts, read industry bulletins, and discover disciplinary actions.
Quote more, save more
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Cost effective auto insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Chesterfield insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.