Nobody looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they are paying too much. There are many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the lowest cost provider.
You need to shop coverage around every six months because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the only way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding affordable coverage in Clarksville is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Tennessee drivers just need to understand the best way to compare prices online.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Tennessee, click here to view.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Tennessee award discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Tennessee?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-98.jpg" alt="Clarksville Tennessee auto insurance“/>
What happened to insurance agents?
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Clarksville who will battle for your business. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
Choosing a company should depend on more than just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Pick the best insurance agency in Clarksville for you
When researching local Clarksville agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agents can either be independent (non-captive) or captive. While both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Captive agents can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of captive insurance agents in Clarksville who can help you get comparison quotes.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 629 N Riverside Dr – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 645-4512
Allstate Insurance Co – 267 Stonecrossing Dr # B – Clarksville, TN 37042 – (931) 905-0345
State Farm Insurance – 1577 Fort Campbell Blvd # A – Clarksville, TN 37042 – (931) 645-3111
Shelter Insurance – 350 Warfield Blvd # A – Clarksville, TN 37043 – (931) 648-2275
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Clarksville that are able to give comparison quotes.
Augustine Insurance – 121 N Riverside Dr – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 503-0015
Direct General Ins Agency – 1503 Fort Campbell Blvd – Clarksville, TN 37042 – (931) 645-2642
Jim Pennington Insurance – 130 Hillcrest Dr # 211 – Clarksville, TN 37043 – (931) 645-3273
Direct General Ins Agency – 1498 Madison St – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 552-4494
Direct General Ins Agency – 2463 Fort Campbell Blvd – Clarksville, TN 37042 – (931) 552-4494
To view a complete directory of car insurance agents in Clarksville, go to this page.
Once you have received reasonable responses to your questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage.
More Tennessee car insurance resources
Additional detailed information can be found at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Tennessee consumers can find out industry alerts, discover disciplinary actions, report car insurance fraud, and learn about insurance regulations.
More quotes mean more savings
Cheaper car insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents in Clarksville, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.