Locating affordable Clinton auto insurance over the internet can be difficult for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping on the web. When there are so many online companies, how can Clinton drivers effectively compare every one to find the cheapest rates?
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on auto insurance out there, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to find cheap auto insurance.
Tennessee auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to analyze their driving habits remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- College Student Discount – who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the premium cost.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, multi-car, business and professional, distant student, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Geico may include discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, driver training, defensive driver, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, drive less, multi-car, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, newly retired, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your area. To find providers that offer many of these discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Quote cheap auto insurance with these tips
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Driving without insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor – Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Avoid traffic tickets – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous tickets like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Poor credit history equals high rates – Credit score can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
- Don’t abuse claims – Companies in Tennessee award the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- More policies can equal more savings – Some auto insurance companies afford a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Job can influence premiums – Occupations like military generals, business owners and stock brokers usually pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Tennessee?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Local neighborhood Clinton car insurance agents
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Clinton who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How many years have they been established?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Clinton agents may be either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents in the captive channel have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Captive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Clinton who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 601 S Charles G Seivers Blvd – Clinton, TN 37716 – (865) 457-1505
- Allstate Insurance – 356 Charles G Seivers Blvd # A – Clinton, TN 37716 – (865) 457-0450
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Shown below are independent agents in Clinton willing to provide price quote information.
- Gary Cooper Insurance – 801 N Charles G Seivers Blvd – Clinton, TN 37716 – (865) 457-0637
- Aymett Insurance Svc – 805 Clinch Ave # B – Clinton, TN 37716 – (865) 463-9222
For more auto insurance agents in Clinton, click for a complete selection of auto insurance agents in Clinton, TN.
If you get good responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agency that will properly insure your vehicles.
Online resources for education
Even more information can be found at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Tennessee drivers can view agent and company licensing information, find out industry alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The following information may also be useful.
One last thing about your coverage
We just showed you a lot of ways to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Clinton, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
When you , do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.