Nobody looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when the price is too high.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
College Park Car Insurance Prices Online
All the larger car insurance companies allow you to get price estimates on their websites. This process doesn’t take much effort as you just enter as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their system collects your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on many factors. Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find a better rate.
Rate comparisons made easy
A quicker way to find cheaper rates utilizes a single form to obtain quotes from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes online shopping much simpler. After sending your information, it is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. This process only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you’re receiving a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced car insurance is possible both online in addition to many College Park insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.