Perplexed by the number of car insurance sources available to you? Montana drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a burden to find the lowest price. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Belt is a great city to raise a family in, but high . car insurance rates can make it hard to meet other financial obligations.
Compare quotes for Belt car insurance
Getting a cheap price on insurance is not rocket science. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes to see which company has . Price comparisons can be done by following the guidelines below.
Experts agree that the best way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for a different quote for every car insurance company. One form submission will return price quotes instantly.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
A more difficult way to find lower rates is going to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare Allstate, GEICO and American Family. You would be required to spend time on each company’s site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of companies in Belt, click here.
The old school way to comparison shop rate quotes is going to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just try to keep apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each quote you get. If you are comparing different coverage information it’s not possible to make a fair comparison in Belt.
Get lower rates with these car insurance discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Belt can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your policy premium.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for accident-free, type of vehicle, good driver, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, annual mileage, and professional/association.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Belt. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in Montana, follow this link.
Informed consumers save more
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- Does car insurance cost more for males? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, or theft. Physical damage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent. Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Belt.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Belt that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can be described as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Belt that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Main Street Insurance – 68 Castner St – Belt, MT 59412 – (406) 277-3600
- L V Jackson Agency – 103 Castner St – Belt, MT 59412 – (406) 277-3303
Captive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from captives partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a low price. Before buying a policy, get answers to these questions.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Montana?
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Belt?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Much more information about car insurance in Montana can be found on the website for the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance through this link. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, download brochures, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and learn about specific coverages.
The following articles may also be useful.
Why you might not save $442 a year
Montana consumers can’t ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest prices by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all say the same thing that you can save just by moving your policy.
How does every car insurance company charge lower premium rates? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, this type of insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who matches that profile will most likely get cheap auto insurance rates and will cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who are not a match for the requirements will be charged higher premium rates with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how companies can claim big savings.
Different companies use different criteria so you really should compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Quote often and quote early
Some car insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents. Cheaper car insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to lower your car insurance premium rates. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.