Have you fallen victim to an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone. Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for CRX insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
How to Compare Car Insurance
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be challenging if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You could spend the better part of a day driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to complete one form, and at least one company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To use this form to compare rates click to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
One last thing
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare Honda CRX insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheap Honda CRX insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.