Consumers who are new to comparing rates online can find purchasing the cheapest Emporia auto insurance is more work than they anticipated.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices every six months since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose providers offering auto insurance discounts in Kansas, click here to view.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals in Emporia
Most major insurance companies quote prices on the web. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you simply type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price on auto insurance.
A less time-consuming method to find lower prices uses one simple form that obtains quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much easier. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated and you can choose any one of the pricing results.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you want to compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving a rate comparison for exact coverage.
Tips to Get Lower Emporia Rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- What are your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Always keep insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to file a SR-22 with the Kansas motor vehicle department.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Kansas?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Kansas?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Emporia?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Kansas?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Don’t listen to company ads
Consumers in Kansas get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and Geico. They all seem to make the same claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy.
How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as a mature driver, owns a home, and has a short commute. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards must pay more money which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Affordable insurance is out there
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
The cheapest auto insurance can be found on the web in addition to many Emporia insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
More information can be read on the Kansas Insurance Department website. Click here for link. Kansas consumers can report car insurance fraud, view agent and company licensing information, and download brochures.