I can’t think of anyone who cherishes buying car insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a good idea to check car insurance prices on a regular basis since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rates two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance online, so I’m going to show you some great ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose providers who offer car insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local businesses is important particularly in Glendale.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Glendale who will battle for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?! Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Pick the best insurance agency in Glendale for you
If you’re trying to find a good Glendale insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be captive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Glendale willing to provide rate quotes.
Sumit Roy Insurance – 1220 W Glenoaks Blvd # 101 – Glendale, CA 91201 – (818) 243-9996
Garabedian Insurance Agency – 3612 Foothill Blvd – Glendale, CA 91214 – (818) 248-3500
Ashot Tsaroukian Agency – 317 S Central Ave # 111 – Glendale, CA 91204 – (323) 668-0040
Golden State Insurance Svc – 6344 San Fernando Rd – Glendale, CA 91201 – (818) 240-9420
Matt Flynn Agency – 1931 W Glenoaks Blvd – Glendale, CA 91201 – (818) 956-0111
Captive agents write business for a single company such as American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Glendale captive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Farmers Insurance Group – 229 N Central Ave # 402 – Glendale, CA 91203 – (818) 502-1120
State Farm Insurance – 1915 W Glenoaks Blvd # 100 – Glendale, CA 91201 – (818) 729-9690
Allstate Insurance – 318 W Colorado St # 105 – Glendale, CA 91204 – (818) 247-9852
To view a complete directory of Glendale captive insurance agencies, click here to link.
Deciding on an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the website for the California Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, view agent and company licensing information, view a list of available companies, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Other related articles:
- Learn How to Shop For Glendale, AZ Auto Insurance Like a Professional
- How to Compare Auto Insurance Rates From Glendale Insurance Agents
Summing up your car insurance search
Affordable car insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Glendale, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.