Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute cheapest price
It’s a good idea to compare prices yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best deal two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals in Owensboro
All major auto insurance companies quote coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter into a form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system gets credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
The quickest way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that gets price quotes from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping much more efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select any of the quote results. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you are getting a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student in College – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Can’t I compare rates from local Owensboro agents?
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Owensboro who will battle to get your business. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long has their agency been open in Owensboro?
- How are claims handled?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Owensboro insurance agents come in two flavors
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Owensboro agents can either be independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of captive agents in Owensboro that can give you comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 226 Allen St – Owensboro, KY 42303 – (270) 684-7219
Allstate Insurance – 1605 Scherm Rd – Owensboro, KY 42301 – (270) 683-7343
Shelter Insurance – 2600 Veach Rd – Owensboro, KY 42303 – (270) 686-6116
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance – 3036 W Parrish Ave – Owensboro, KY 42301 – (270) 684-2165
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you should always get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Owensboro willing to provide comparison quotes.
Miles Ag Insurance – 1401 Spring Bank Dr # C2 – Owensboro, KY 42303 – (270) 689-0080
Holland Insurance – 2100 Frederica St – Owensboro, KY 42301 – (270) 685-5538
Direct General Ins Agency – 3601 Frederica St # 7 – Owensboro, KY 42301 – (270) 685-0104
To view a full list of Owensboro insurance agents, please view this page.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. It usually means you are more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Performance influences rates – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More Kentucky auto insurance information
Additional detailed information is located at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Kentucky consumers can file complaints about a company, discover disciplinary actions, and find out industry alerts.