Shopping for low-cost Wentzville auto insurance on the internet can seem to be problematic for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. With so many companies competing online, how can anyone have a chance to compare every one to find the best available rates?
Consumers should take time to check auto insurance prices every six months because insurance rates change frequently. If you had the lowest rates last year you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Missouri, follow this link.
More information can be read on the Missouri Department of Insurance website located here. Missouri drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find out which companies have the most complaints, and discover disciplinary actions.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Discount auto insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Wentzville, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.