Searching for the cheapest Naugatuck car insurance over the internet may be impossible for beginners to price shopping online. When there are so many insurance companies available, how can consumers effectively compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
Finding affordable coverage in Naugatuck is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about everyone who is required by state law to have car insurance most likely will be able to save money. Although Connecticut consumers do need to understand how insurance companies compete online.
Finding Car Insurance in Naugatuck, CT
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from local in Naugatuck, CTcar insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
The single most time-saving way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. A single form compares rates . This is by far the quickest method.
Another way to compare rate quotes consists of visiting the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, State Farm and Allstate. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Naugatuck, click here.
The least recommended method to compare rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages for every company. If you enter different deductibles it’s impossible to determine the best price in Naugatuck. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find better pricing.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Naugatuck can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Connecticut, click here to view.
Lower your Naugatuck Car Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Naugatuck who will compete to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates AND a local agent.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
Best insurance agent in Naugatuck
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Naugatuck are classified as either independent or captive.
This type of agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you should always include multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.Many can place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Naugatuck independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Aquavia Insurance Inc – 305 Church St # 5 – Naugatuck, CT 06770 – (203) 723-7431
- Atkins Agency – 1183 New Haven Rd # 204 – Naugatuck, CT 06770 – (203) 729-7911
- Manuel N Vieira Agency – 24 Cherry St – Naugatuck, CT 06770 – (203) 729-2271
- Sutherland Insurance – 270 Church St – Naugatuck, CT 06770 – (203) 729-5261
To view a complete directory of car insurance agents in Naugatuck, visit this link.
Upon receiving positive feedback to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that will service your policy.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Connecticut Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, discover disciplinary actions, read consumer alerts, and view agent and company licensing information.
Better coverage you can count on
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
The cheapest car insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Naugatuck, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.