Are you tired of sacrificing to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other consumers in Louisiana. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and find the best price available.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Ville Platte is not that difficult. Louisiana drivers just need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information like coverage limits, your general credit rating, driver details, and if you lease or own. Your insurance information is then sent to multiple companies and you receive quotes immediately.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and complete the form.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Good Student – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will positively reduce your car insurance premiums.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To find insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Independent or captive car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agents is still important in Ville Platte.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-21.jpg" alt="Ville Platte Louisiana car insurance quote”/>
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Ville Platte who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Ville Platte can be described as either independent agents or captive agents. Both types can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Ville Platte who can help you get comparison quotes.
David B Vidrine Insurance – 100 W Magnolia St # 130 – Ville Platte, LA 70586 – (337) 363-7077
Home Insurance Co – 1907 E Main St – Ville Platte, LA 70586 – (337) 363-1969
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Ville Platte who can help you get price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 605 E Lasalle St – Ville Platte, LA 70586 – (337) 363-7737
Farm Bureau Insurance – 2113 W Main St – Ville Platte, LA 70586 – (337) 363-2111
Allstate Insurance Inc – 650 W Lasalle St – Ville Platte, LA 70586 – (337) 363-6767
To locate insurance agencies near you, you can visit this directory of Ville Platte, LA insurance agents.
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Ville Platte?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What companies can they write with?
After receiving positive responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Louisiana?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Components of your insurance rates
Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your policy properly reflects the correct usage.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Louisiana DMV.
- What type of car do you drive? – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Louisiana generally give the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Defend yourself with liability protection – Liability coverage will protect you if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Summing up your car insurance search
We just covered a lot of information how to save on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest prices are with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper car insurance is attainable both online and from local agencies, so you need to with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional car insurance information is located on the Louisiana Department of Insurance website found here. Louisiana consumers can view agent and company licensing information, learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and get help finding coverage.