Comparison shopping for cheaper Upper Arlington car insurance may be difficult for drivers who are beginners to online insurance quotes. With such a large number of agents and online companies available, it can easily be a difficult situation to find more affordable rates in Ohio.
It’s smart to price shop coverage periodically because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates is to realize almost all companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including if you went to college, if a SR-22 is needed, how old drivers are, and if you’re married. Your rating data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Life Insurance – Some car insurance companies give lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount when getting a .
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with one company qualifies for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, good driver, student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, safety features, newly married, good student, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good student, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, multi-car, youthful driver, teen driver, pay in full, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for paperless, mature driver, safe vehicle, paid in full, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. To locate providers that offer discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio consumers can download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, and report car insurance fraud.
Other related articles: