If you are new to getting , you can easily be confused by the diversity of insurance providers all advertising big savings.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. The purpose of this article is to help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. New Hampshire vehicle owners only need to know the proper methods to buy auto insurance online.
How to lower your auto insurance cost in Epping, New Hampshire
There are a variety of methods to compare auto insurance prices but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with agents in Epping, or you could save time and use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Many popular insurance companies participate in an industry program that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each company can give them a price based on that data. This eliminates the need for form submissions for each company.
To get comparison pricing now click to open in new window.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which providers to get quotes from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in New Hampshire. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but do your best to use exactly the same coverage data with each company. If you have mixed coverages you will not be able to get a fair rate comparison in Epping.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to sucessfully take a drivers education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Student in College – who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger companies will provide an incentive on their website.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy premium.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, early quote, student away at school, multi-policy, and driver training.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and safety features.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Epping, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Epping.
After completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you wish to see a list of insurance agents near you, feel free to see this directory of Epping, NH auto insurance agents.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
How insurance providers determine rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Driving citations cost more than a fine – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one ticket can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received multiple tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – The more miles you rack up on your car each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Younger drivers pay more – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.Youthful drivers are known to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you really need to file that insurance claims? – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in New Hampshire generally give cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
More affordable auto insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Epping agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When searching for , make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
For more information
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the New Hampshire Insurance Department website found here. Visitors are able to find disaster information, download brochures, find out industry alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.