Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as most other car owners. Since consumers have many options when it comes to auto insurance, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the right insurance company.
Locating more affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to learn the best way to compare price quotes online.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
Getting better Kia Optima auto insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. Just take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for each company. Just one form gets you coverage quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- A different way to get quotes online consists of visiting the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from Farmers, Safeco and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare the exact same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Kia Optima.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Optima insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Kia Optima insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- High performance equals high price – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Because the Kia Optima is classified as a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and accountants have higher rates than average attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, athletes and retirees get better rates on Optima insurance.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- No coverage gaps is important – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Optima may be costing you. Verify your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- With age comes lower rates – Young drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on Optima insurance.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some companies will award you with lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
More quotes mean more savings
Low-cost Kia Optima insurance is possible from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Kia Optima insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.