Feeling guilty for buying an expensive auto insurance policy? Say no more because you’re not alone. Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons yearly since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
The best way to compare policy rates is to know the fact most insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how old drivers are, coverage limits, what you do for a living, and marital status. Those rating factors is instantly sent to multiple companies and they return cost estimates immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Does auto insurance advertising bend the truth?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies seem to make the promise about savings if you get a free and switch your auto insurance policy to them. How is it possible that every company can say the same thing? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers offer their best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, this type of driver could be over age 30, has a clear driving record, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A driver that matches those criteria will get low rates as well as save a lot if they switch.
Potential customers who fall outside these criteria will see higher premium rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why it is so important to compare as many as you can. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Cheap Arkansas auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will lower your overall premium however.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, teen driver, pay in full, early shopping, and homeowner.
- Esurance offers discounts including good driver, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, online shopper, and claim free.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, good driver, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, federal employee, membership and employees, and air bags.
- Allstate may offer discounts for early signing, anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, FullPay discount, and auto/life discount.
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Beebe.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Beebe that can provide for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is there a local claims center in Beebe?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Beebe insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers may be either captive or independent (non-captive).
Captive Insurance Agencies
Captive agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not restriced to one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Beebe independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
New Insurance – 1500 W Dewitt Henry Dr – Beebe, AR 72012 – (501) 882-5375
Griffin Insurance – 1907 W Dewitt Henry Dr # 1 – Beebe, AR 72012 – (501) 882-2718
To choose from more insurance agents in Beebe, visit this complete selection of Beebe, AR auto insurance providers.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Arkansas consumers can find disaster information, learn about insurance regulations, and download brochures.
Persistent drivers can save
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Affordable auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.