Are you frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You’re not alone. Tennessee vehicle owners have so many options that it can be a ton of work to lower your auto insurance rates. Everyone knows Crossville is a great city to live in, but expensive premiums for auto insurance can make it hard for many drivers to be able to buy decent coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Pricing the lowest cost auto insurance in Crossville is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Tennessee car owners must comprehend how insurance companies price online insurance.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but occassionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, multi-policy, military active duty, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, good student, multi-car, professional/association, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, distant student, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multiple vehicles, anti-theft, paperless, company car, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, multi-car, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- USAA may offer discounts for military installation, safe driver, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, family discount, and good student.
Before buying, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be available in Crossville. To view companies with discount auto insurance rates in Crossville, click this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Crossville?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Big name companies like State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies seem to make the promise that you’ll save big if you move your auto insurance coverage to their company. How does each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? You have to listen carefully.
All companies quote their best rates for a prospective insured that earns them the highest profit. One example of a preferred risk might have to be between 30 and 50, has had continuous coverage, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest prices and will most likely save money with a new company.
Potential customers who don’t meet these standards may receive higher premiums with the end result being the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why insurance companies can make those statements. Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just not possible to know which auto insurance company will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
More detailed Tennessee auto insurance information is located at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, view agent and company licensing information, find disaster information, and view a list of available companies.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Cheap auto insurance can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When searching for , you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.