Are you a victim of high-priced auto insurance? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Payson just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy. Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the absolute cheapest price
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to Get Payson Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
All major auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting quotes is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote. Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to several different sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find better auto insurance pricing.
Compare rates the easy way
The preferred way to locate the lowest prices uses one form to get prices from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes a little more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can choose any of the price quotes you receive. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Payson, click here to view.
Save Money with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a small town can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
When should I talk to an agent?
When choosing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What are Arizona no-fault laws?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Arizona consumers can get help finding coverage, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, learn about specific coverages, and report car insurance fraud.
Save $420 a year. For real?
Arizona drivers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you switch to them.
But how can every company say the same thing?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings. This illustrates why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Smart shoppers get results
You just read many ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Payson agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.