Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance companies in Aberdeen? You’re not the only one! Consumers have so many choices that it can be a real hassle to locate the lowest price.
Discounts can save BIG
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare online but buy from a local Aberdeen agent
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Educated insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Aberdeen.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will battle for your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How cool is that?!
The difference between Aberdeen insurance agencies
If you’re trying to find a good Aberdeen insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Aberdeen are categorized either independent or captive. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you should always include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Aberdeen who can help you get price quote information.
- Gleason Crop Insurance – 6055 Highway 12 E – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 225-9500
- John Sieh Agency – 702 S Main St – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 229-1760
- Johnston Agency Inc – 22 3rd Ave SW – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 225-7172
- Anderson Agency Inc – 202 S Main St # 423 – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 225-5523
- Frey Insurance Svc – 2201 6th Ave SE # 12 – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 225-0818
Captive agencies can only write with one company like American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. Captives cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of captive agencies in Aberdeen that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance Co – 405 8th Ave NW # 204 – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 229-4232
- State Farm Insurance – 1707 4th Ave SE # B – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 225-4916
- American Family Insurance – 2201 6th Ave SE # 1 – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 725-3300
- Farm Bureau Financial Svc – 121 3rd Ave SW – Aberdeen, SD 57401 – (605) 725-5060
To view a full list of captive agents in Aberdeen, click here to link.
Selecting a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Once you have received reasonable responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your car insurance policy.
Additional car insurance information is available on the South Dakota Division of Insurance website. Click here for link. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, find out industry alerts, find disaster information, and find a variety of consumer forms.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cheaper car insurance is definitely available both online and with local Aberdeen insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.