Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Dallas just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Numerous insurers battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to get the cheapest price
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage in Dallas is easy if you know what you’re doing. Texas vehicle owners just need to understand how to get comparison rates online.
Lower your Dallas Car Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. City drivers have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates are generally reserved for small economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Compare Quotes for Dallas Car Insurance
Getting better car insurance pricing is a fairly straight forward process. Just invest a little time to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for every car insurance company. A single form will return price quotes instantly.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes consists of going to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Liberty Mutual and Progressive. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.For a handy list of car insurance company links in Dallas, click here.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples quote information on every quote. If you use different values for each quote it will be impossible to find the best deal in Dallas.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Additional detailed information is available at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
One last thing
We covered a lot of information how to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
The cheapest car insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Dallas insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.