Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are lots of people in the same boat.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive cheapest price
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons at least once a year since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to buy car insurance cheaper.
Where Can I Get Cheap Lexington Car Insurance?
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates on their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you submit the form the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for lower prices.
There is an easier way!
The preferred way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form to get prices from more than one company. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the resulting price quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, simply click here to open in new window and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on their website.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Lexington, follow this link.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in Nebraska generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents. City drivers have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Online plus local equals savings
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced car insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Nebraska insurance information
More detailed Nebraska car insurance information is available at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska consumers can discover disciplinary actions, get help finding coverage, and report car insurance fraud.