Do you think you bought an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many Niles drivers thinking the same thing. Due to the abundance of choices of insurance companies, it can be impossible to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
These discounts can reduce car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Auto insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
There are several ways to compare car insurance quotes, and some are more efficient than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to agents in Niles, or you could use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and every company returns a rated price. This eliminates the need for quote requests to each company.
To use this form to compare rates click to open in new window.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of car insurance companies in Michigan. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use equivalent information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be nearly impossible to determine the lowest rate in Niles. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
Persistent drivers can save
You just learned a lot of techniques to compare car insurance auto insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.