Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, there are a lot of people in Davie just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
Finding affordable coverage in Davie is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Although Florida drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Davie
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from local in Daviecar insurance companies. The quickest method to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single form gets you price quotes from many national carriers.
A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes requires you to visit each company’s website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Safeco and Progressive. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Davie, click here.
The most time-consuming method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to local Davie insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional guidance only provided by licensed Davie agents. Drivers can find lower rates online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using the exact same coverage information with every price quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison in Davie. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more company’s prices will enable you to find the best rates.
Buy Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in Florida give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as judges, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and retirees get better rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of car insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from a local agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- How long has their agency been open in Davie?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Two different types of insurance agencies
When searching for a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Davie are either captive or independent.
This type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of captive agencies in Davie who can help you get comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 5609 S University Dr – Davie, FL 33328 – (954) 680-9100
American Family Insurance – 5126 S State Road 7 – Davie, FL 33314 – (954) 584-9700
Allstate Insurance – 5450 S State Road 7 # 9 – Davie, FL 33314 – (954) 587-1717
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent insurance agents in Davie who can help you get rate quotes.
A Auto Insurance World – 3489 Davie Blvd – Davie, FL 33312 – (954) 523-7283
Stirling Insurance Svc – 6317 Stirling Rd – Davie, FL 33314 – (954) 321-8663
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Davie, please go to this site.
Once you have positive responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will service your policy.
Do the work, save more money
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount car insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Davie agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Learn more today
Even more information is available at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Florida drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, find disaster information, and find out industry alerts.