No normal person likes paying for auto insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. You have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find the lowest cost provider.
Save a ton with these auto insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to sucessfully take a drivers education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- E-sign – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Professional Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, new graduate, and newly retired.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for student away at school, good student, group or association, paid in full, multi-policy, safe driver, and teen driver.
- Geico offers discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and driver training.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, and anti-theft.
When getting , it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Lake Providence. To see auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Lake Providence, follow this link.
Comparing auto insurance rates can be challenging if you don’t know the easiest way. You can spend countless hours talking to local insurance agents in Lake Providence, or you can stay home and use the web to maximize your effort.
Most major companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to send in one quote, and every company then gives them pricing based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for every auto insurance company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in Louisiana. Click here for list of insurance companies in Louisiana.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare identical coverage information for each quote you get. If you are comparing differing limits then you won’t be able to get a fair rate comparison in Lake Providence.
Better coverage you can count on
In this article, we presented many ideas to lower your auto insurance prices. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting . Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies do not offer internet price quotes regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount auto insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.