No one enjoys paying for auto insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. Numerous insurance companies battle for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rates last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to save on auto insurance.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
There are multiple methods to shop for auto insurance, but one way is easier and takes less work. You can waste hours driving to local insurance agents in Chester, or you could use online quoting to achieve your goal.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-117.jpg" alt="Vermont auto insurance“/>
Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each company provides a quote. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company.
To compare rates now click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to using this type of system is you cannot specify which carriers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in Vermont. Click here for list of insurance companies in Vermont.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote you can’t possibly make an equal comparison in Chester.
More quotes mean more savings
We just presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be found both online in addition to many Chester insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.