Comparing and finding cheaper premium rates for Des Peres car insurance may be difficult for people new to quoting and comparing prices online. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, it can easily be a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best rates a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get prices directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, their system requests reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Online price estimates helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and type in your information is a waste of time. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best price on car insurance.
A less time-consuming method to compare rates requires only one form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online quotes much easier. After sending the form, it is quoted and you can select any of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate quotes based on similar coverages.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the companies try to convey promises that you can save if you get a free and switch your coverage to them. How do they all save you money? It’s all in how they say it.
Car insurance companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will generate a profit. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 50, has never had a policy lapse, and has great credit. Anybody that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred premium rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet the requirements will probably have to pay higher rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. The trick is to say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare often. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest prices for your situation.
Discount Des Peres car insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get .
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely lower your premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, accident-free, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, mature driver, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO discounts include good student, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, student away at school, mature driver, teen driver, safe driver, multiple vehicles, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- USAA includes discounts for loyalty savings, multi-policy, good student, family discount, and safe driver.
If you are trying to find , ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer free car insurance quotes in Missouri, follow this link.
Local Des Peres insurance agencies and car insurance
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long has their agency been open in Des Peres?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Des Peres
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are considered either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Captive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of captive agents in Des Peres who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 12084 Manchester Rd – Des Peres, MO 63131 – (314) 821-5833
- State Farm Insurance – 1062 Old Des Peres Rd – Des Peres, MO 63131 – (314) 966-2088
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
After getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Missouri?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Missouri?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Missouri consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, file complaints about a company, and view agent and company licensing information.
Better coverage you can count on
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, policy cancellation or high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
We covered some good ideas how to save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting . You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
The cheapest car insurance can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.