Have you fallen victim to overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say many Bellevue consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
Many car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the best rates possible.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates yearly since rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Buying car insurance in Bellevue is quite easy. But Nebraska vehicle owners need to learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska consumers can learn about insurance regulations, find out which companies have the most complaints, read state legal mandates and laws, and view a list of available companies.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cost effective auto insurance is possible on the web and with local Bellevue insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.