I can’t think of a single person who is fond of buying auto insurance, especially knowing they could get a better deal. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the best price available.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Festus is not rocket science. Missouri consumers just need to understand how to shop online.
The majority of larger companies allow you to get pricing from their websites. Doing online quotes is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system pulls your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these factors. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit different websites and type in your information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a lower rate.
A less time-consuming method to find cheaper rates utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select your choice of the price quotes you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, click here and submit the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Discounts for lower Missouri auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and Geico allow you one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. You could save around 10% when you .
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used car is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts for Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, DriveSense, online quote, online shopper, renters, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, defensive driving, good student, business or organization, and easy pay.
If you are trying to find , ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Festus. To see companies that offer many of these discounts in Festus, click here.
Independent versus captive car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Festus who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just the price. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Missouri?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Festus agents are considered either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with such as State Farm or Allstate. Captive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of captive agents in Festus that can give you comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 1555 Robert Thompson Dr – Festus, MO 63028 – (636) 931-4960
State Farm Insurance – 1330 Ymca Dr # 800 – Festus, MO 63028 – (636) 937-5544
American Family Insurance – 511 W Main St – Festus, MO 63028 – (636) 937-7025
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not restriced to one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Festus that can give you rate quotes.
Pirtle Insurance – 208 E Main St – Festus, MO 63028 – (636) 937-3681
Schultz Anderson Insurance – 133 E Main St # B – Festus, MO 63028 – (636) 937-0652
Steven King Agency – 104 N 9th St – Festus, MO 63028 – (636) 937-6628
To view more insurance agents in Festus, see this list of Festus Missouri auto insurance agents.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Missouri?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
How your Festus costs are determined
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- With age comes lower prices – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.Inexperience drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce costs – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Prevent theft and save money – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Traffic violations are costly – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who get careless tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Combine policies with the same company – Many insurance companies allow discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Pay lower premiums if you’re married – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers in Missouri can’t escape the ads that claim the lowest car insurance rates by State Farm, Geico and Progressive. All the ads make the point about saving some big amount if you get a free and switch your auto insurance policy to them.
How does each company save you money? You have to listen carefully.
Many companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For example, a driver they prefer might be described as over the age of 35, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anyone who fits those characteristics will get low car insurance rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match this stringent profile will be quoted higher premium rates with the end result being business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “all people who quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why you need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Quote often and quote early
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read many ideas to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and Geico.
Cheaper auto insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Festus agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
More detailed Missouri auto insurance information can be found at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about a company, and download brochures.