Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to make your auto insurance payment? You have the same problem as many other Ohio drivers. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with catchy ads and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Smart buyers know how to buy auto insurance at a discount
Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Raise your deductibles for better premiums – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Male prices may be higher – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance premiums – The performance level of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon driving to local insurance agents in Centerville, or you can stay home and use the web to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and every company then gives them pricing determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click to open in new window.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify which carriers you want to price. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in Ohio. View list of Ohio insurance companies.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just try to use the same coverages on every quote you get. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best in Centerville. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best rates.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need , ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Centerville.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Centerville auto insurance agent
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Centerville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find local Centerville agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers are either captive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Centerville that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
James E Proffitt Insurance – 1075 E Centerville Station Rd – Centerville, OH 45459 – (937) 438-3411
Eric Lowman Insurance – 1031 S Main St – Centerville, OH 45458 – (937) 424-5438
NBC Agency Inc – 1042 Westridge Rd – Centerville, OH 45459 – (937) 291-2900
Charles F Mervis Agency Inc – 1187 Lyons Rd – Centerville, OH 45458 – (937) 438-0025
Captive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Captive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are captive agencies in Centerville that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – 89 S Main St – Centerville, OH 45458 – (937) 435-3682
Allstate Insurance Co – 1031 S Main St – Centerville, OH 45458 – (937) 434-5242
State Farm Insurance – 157 S Main St – Centerville, OH 45458 – (937) 433-8733
To choose from agencies near you, view this list of Centerville Ohio insurance agencies.
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you get reasonable responses to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
Additional information is located on the . Click here for link. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, learn about specific coverages, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Centerville
- Centerville Car Insurance For Less Than Youre Paying Now
- Free Guide to Saving Money on Centerville Ohio Car Insurance Online
A tidy conclusion
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce auto insurance car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Affordable auto insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Centerville, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.