If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, it’s easy to get confused because of the huge number of online car insurance companies and websites offering insurance in Davenport.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some great ideas on how to quit paying high car insurance rates.
Fast and Easy Davenport Car Insurance Quotes
Getting better car insurance pricing is actually quite simple. All that’s required is to take time to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The best way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company. One form submission gets you price quotes . It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for car insurance online requires a visit to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Esurance and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Davenport, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine the best price in Davenport.
Discounts are basically free money
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Iowa, click here to view.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
More information can be found on the Iowa Insurance Division website located here. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find out industry alerts.