Did budget coverage turn out to be an overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are a lot of people in Queensbury just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Many insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate possible.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance in Queensbury is not that difficult. New York drivers just need to understand how to buy car insurance online.
Reducing your insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has . Insurance prices can be quoted by using one of the methods below.
- One of the fastest ways to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This quick form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for every prospective company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is spending the time to visit each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from State Farm, 21st Century and GMAC. In order to get each rate, you would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Queensbury, click here.
- The least recommended way to compare price estimates is to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, find lower rates online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare the same quote data with each company. If you use different liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison in Queensbury.
Get affordable New York car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all disounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- E-sign Discounts</strong – Certain car insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on the web.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you .
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow companies to monitor driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your bill.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Geico may include discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, good student, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle, good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for paid-in-full, online quote, claim free, emergency road assistance, DriveSense, good driver, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, student away at school, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in New York, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local Queensbury insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Queensbury who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Is a captive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Queensbury can either be independent or captive. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents in the captive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Captives cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of captive agents in Queensbury willing to provide rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance Co – 39 Main St – Queensbury, NY 12804 – (518) 793-5681
State Farm Insurance – 959 State Route 9 # G – Queensbury, NY 12804 – (518) 798-9049
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not restriced to one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
The following are Queensbury independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Cool Insuring Agency – 2 Country Club Rd # 1 – Queensbury, NY 12804 – (518) 793-5133
Cool Insuring Agency – 123 Quaker Rd – Queensbury, NY 12804 – (518) 562-2665
Adirondack Regional Insurance – 625 Bay Rd – Queensbury, NY 12804 – (518) 792-2392
To view additional insurance agents in Queensbury, view this full listing of car insurance agencies in Queensbury, NY.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
More detailed New York car insurance information is available at the New York Department of Financial Services website. Visitors are able to view a list of available companies, learn about specific coverages, and read industry bulletins.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, Geico and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Discount car insurance is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.