Searching for the most affordable South Salt Lake auto insurance on the web can seem to be somewhat difficult for people who are new to comparing rates online. With such a large number of insurance companies available, how can consumers effectively compare them all to find the best available rates?
Choosing the best insurance company for you in South Salt Lake is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Utah drivers just need to understand how to compare rates online.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance agencies in South Salt Lake, or you could save time and use the web for quick rates.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and every company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly which carriers you want to price. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Utah. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare identical coverages and limits on every quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best in South Salt Lake.
Save $454 a year. For real?
Consumers in Utah constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you change your coverage to them.
How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could be over the age of 50, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who do not match the requirements must pay more money which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why it is so important to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Utah, follow this link.
More detailed Utah auto insurance information is available at the Utah Insurance Department website. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, report car insurance fraud, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.