Are you confused by the sheer number of car insurance choices in Tupelo? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily become a real hassle to find lower rates.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some excellent ideas to find cheap car insurance.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this information. This article will introduce you to the best way to quote coverages. Nevertheless, Mississippi vehicle owners do need to learn the way insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Low Cost Tupelo Car Insurance
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend your afternoon driving to local insurance agents in Tupelo, or you could use the internet to get prices fast.
The majority of car insurance companies take part in a program where prospective buyers submit their information once, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-106.jpg" alt="Mississippi car insurance“/>
The only drawback to using this type of form is you cannot specify the providers to get pricing from. If you wish to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of car insurance companies in Mississippi. Click here for list of insurance companies in Mississippi.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Tupelo. Slightly different insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices provides better odds of finding the best price.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying car insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Is Mississippi a no-fault state?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Some additional reading
Additional detailed information can be read at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Consumers can report car insurance fraud, read industry bulletins, and view agent and company licensing information.