Tired of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Ohio drivers. Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to find the cheapest price
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Canton may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison in Canton
Cutting your auto insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is invest a few minutes to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The recommended way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from several companies.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-25.jpg" alt="Ohio car insurance prices”/>
A less efficient way to compare prices consists of going to each company website to request a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, 21st Century and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Canton, click here.
The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the personal advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits on every quote. If you have different deductibles it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Canton.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Canton?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
More effort can pay off
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.