Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced car insurance? Trust us, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a good habit to compare rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to buy cheaper car insurance.
Quick Coatesville Car Insurance Quotes
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way by far to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company. Just one form will get you rate comparisons from multiple companies.
- Another way to find lower rates consists of going to the website of each company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Farmers, Esurance and American Family. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Coatesville, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare identical information for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine the lowest rate in Coatesville. Slightly different coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a better price.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose companies with the best car insurance discounts in Coatesville, click here to view.
More consumer information in Pennsylvania
Even more information is available at the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website. Pennsylvania consumers can view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.