Are you confused by the wide range of car insurance providers in your area? Mississippi consumers have such a large number of options that it can easily turn into a ton of work to lower your prices. Crystal Springs has lots to offer, but getting gouged by high car insurance rates can make it hard for many drivers to maintain proper levels of coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. This information will help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. But Mississippi car owners need to learn how companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance prices but one way is more efficient than others. You could spend your day driving to agents in Crystal Springs, or you can stay home and use online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to each company.
To compare rates now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have a page of low cost car insurance companies in Mississippi. Click here to view list.
The method you choose is up to you, but double check that you are using the same quote data for every quote you compare. If you enter mixed coverages it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best in Crystal Springs. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices helps you find better pricing. Some smaller insurers to not give online price quotes, so you need to compare prices from those companies as well.
Do you qualify for discount car insurance?
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a .
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a . Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for type of vehicle, professional/association, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, alternative fuel, youthful driver, multi-car, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good student, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Allstate has savings for eSmart discount, teenSMART discount, passive restraint, premier plus, anti-lock brakes, resident student, and good payer.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, driver training, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
Double check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in every state.
Get cheaper car insurance with these tips
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The make and model of the car you drive makes a big difference in your rates. Small economy passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Too many car insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Mississippi provide most affordable rates to people who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Being married can save you money – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Local Crystal Springs car insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Crystal Springs.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Crystal Springs who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Crystal Springs that may be willing to give rate quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 102 N Jackson St, Crystal Springs, MS 39059 – (601) 892-5111
- State Farm Insurance – 100 E Marion Ave, Crystal Springs, MS 39059 – (601) 892-5941
- Copiah County Insurance – 202 E Railroad Ave, Crystal Springs, MS 39059 – (601) 892-3100
- Insurance & Risk Managers – 3008 Harmony Rd, Crystal Springs, MS 39059 – (601) 892-3000
If you wish to find Crystal Springs insurance agents, view this directory of Crystal Springs car insurance agents.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Mississippi?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Mississippi?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Crystal Springs?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Additional information can be read on the through this link. Mississippi consumers can download brochures, read consumer alerts, and find disaster information.
Be skeptical of car insurance ads
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to try to convey promises that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free and switch to them. How can each company charge less that you’re paying now?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer might have to be over age 30, has no tickets, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver who fits those characteristics will probably get cheap prices and have a good chance to save a lot if they switch.
Insureds who are not a match for the ideal profile will probably have to pay higher premiums which results in the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because every company is different, you really need to compare quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict which car insurance company will provide the lowest auto insurance rates.
You can find cheaper coverage
We’ve covered many ways to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More affordable car insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.