Are you overwhelmed by the number of auto insurance company choices in Pasco? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many options available that it can easily become a real challenge to compare prices.
Consumers should take time to compare prices every six months because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best price last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. This article will let you in on how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, Washington car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies market on the web.
Compare Quotes for Pasco Auto Insurance
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from different in Pasco, WAinsurance companies. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices is spending the time to visit each company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare Auto-Owners, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in Pasco, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage information with every price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Pasco. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Tips to Get Lower Pasco Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-112.jpg" alt="Washington car insurance prices”/>
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Washington give lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your car each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, download brochures, find a variety of consumer forms, and file complaints about a company.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you can save if you change to their company. How do they all make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might be between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A customer who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who do not match these standards will be quoted higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest rates.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
We covered some good ideas how you can save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be found both online and with local Pasco insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.