Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to lower your monthly bill. Consumers have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
How to Get Cheap Car Insurance in Watford City, ND
All major car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system pulls your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on many factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower prices.
The smarter way to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form to return rates from many companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the returned quotes.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-99.jpg" alt="Watford City ND car insurance prices“/>
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, click here and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Make smart decisions and save
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Not having insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Dakota motor vehicle department.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as doctors, business owners and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Some insurers provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
More comparisons equals lower rates
You just read many tips how you can compare car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Discount car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Watford City agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information
Additional car insurance information can be read on the website for the North Dakota Insurance Department through this link. North Dakota consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, and read consumer alerts.