Finding the lowest cost Greenfield car insurance online can be difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. With so many companies competing online, how can consumers have a chance to compare them all to find the best price?
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around at least once a year because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding the best rates in Greenfield is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Although Wisconsin vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Greenfield, click here.
Comparing rates from local agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Greenfield who will battle for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. How’s that for easy! You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Deciding on a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Listed below are agents in Greenfield that may be willing to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 4818 S 76th St, Greenfield, WI 53220 – (414) 282-1414
- Wayne W Jay Insurance – 7424 W Layton Ave, Greenfield, WI 53220 – (414) 281-6800
- Grant & Cohodes Insurance – 10700 W Howard Ave, Greenfield, WI 53228 – (414) 321-1715
To view a complete directory of Greenfield insurance agents, please go to this site.
Upon receiving good answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurer that can service your policy.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing that you can save after switching to their company. How can each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
To learn even more about car insurance
Even more information is available at the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, read consumer alerts, download brochures, and view a list of available companies.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Cost effective car insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Greenfield, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.