Perplexed by the wide range of car insurance companies in Portales? Many other consumers are too. You have so many options that it can be a real challenge to find the best price.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts in Portales, follow this link.
Read more about New Mexico car insurance
More detailed New Mexico car insurance information can be read at the New Mexico Insurance Division website. New Mexico consumers can view a list of available companies, read state legal mandates and laws, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Better coverage you can count on
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.