Are you a victim of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are lots of people in the same boat. Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to get the lowest cost out there.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest price a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates in Dover is not rocket science. New Hampshire vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to get comparison rates on the web.
Dover Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
Most companies allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty painless as you simply enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their system sends out for credit information and your driving record and provides a quote. Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get the lowest price.
The easiest way to lower your rates utilizes a single form to get prices from multiple companies. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the quote results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
In order to get comparison pricing now, click here and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in New Hampshire, follow this link.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Dover.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Dover who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy!
Below are Dover insurers that may be willing to give price quote information.
Liberty Mutual Insurance – 828 Central Ave, Dover, NH 03820 – (603) 749-1045
John Flynn Insurance Inc – 818 Central Ave, Dover, NH 03820 – (603) 740-0140
State Farm Insurance – 6 Dover Point Rd # C, Dover, NH 03820 – (603) 742-6855
Allstate Insurance – 595 Central Ave, Dover, NH 03820 – (603) 743-1888
Gowen & Wainwright Agency – 44 Dover Point Rd # E, Dover, NH 03820 – (603) 742-2552
Lineweber & Giffin Insurance – 5 First St # A, Dover, NH 03820 – (603) 742-6100
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in New Hampshire?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Upon getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Is my situation unique?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in New Hampshire?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Dover?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Lower your Dover Auto Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Discount auto insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Dover insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Geico and State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the website for the New Hampshire Insurance Department through this link. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, file complaints about a company, download brochures, and learn about insurance regulations.